Sunday 4 February 2024

First Breakage of the Year

A mere seventeen months ago, I posted that I'd acquired the Studio Series Ironhide based on the Bumblebee movie CGI, posting my write-up of that figure a little over a week later. By and large, I've not experienced any significant breakages with my TransFormers toys... but, let's face it, I've not bought that many new toys since Legacy Tarantulas.

Just this weekend, I decided to do a bit of customising to Ironhide, since he looks so plain. It all went as well as could be expected, and I was quite happy with the results...

...Until, upon starting to transform him back to robot mode after finishing the touchups on vehicle mode, his right forearm fell off when I unpegged it from his foot. The breakage was to the mushroom peg that facilitates his bicep swivel... and, while the joint was tight, I wasn't even using that joint when it broke, it simply crumbled as I tilted the arm out from the underside of the vehicle mode.

Making matters all the more strange, the mushroom peg doesn't appear to have sheared apart, it simply cracked... The other bicep swivel joint is just as tight, but shows no sign of any problems (so far!).


I've been thinking of replacing both Ratchet and Ironhide with the oversized KOs Shock Warrior SW-01 and -02 simply because they're a better size and have much better overall presentation... this breakage pretty much makes it a necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment