Wednesday 12 January 2022

On Hasbro Pulse, and Courier Frustrations II

While I'm very grateful that Hasbro Pulse UK exists, I have to admit I still have serious doubts about Hasbro's distribution strategy. A couple of months back, I preordered Kingdom Tigatron, then Golden Disk Collection Terrorsaur and Studio Series Jolt, then Kingdom Slammer, as each were added to the shop. All but Jolt were labelled as due to ship this month, with the first and last scheduled just a few days apart, and Terrorsaur expected toward the end of the month. Jolt shipped on his own as soon as he came into stock back in November, so Hasbro are clearly happy to split orders if that seems appropriate, even when not specifically requested.

Slammer's expected shipping date came and went with no notifications... but then I got a notification the following day (yesterday), with Yodel predicting deliver tomorrow. A further notification arrived today saying it was en route and, although their GPS tracking suggested the driver might have got lost, it arrived safely around lunchtime.

And then I got notification that Tigatron had been despatched... Two days earlier than expected.

Considering the cost of couriers (admittedly taken care of from my perspective by Pulse Premium membership), I would have thought it better for them to combine the two orders if despatch of the two individual orders was going to be just one day apart. I'm sure it wouldn't take that much effort to cross-reference orders, confirm the same delivery address, and then collate the two orders into a single box and a single delivery...

...But what do I know? I've never worked in logistics.

So... Slammer looks pretty cool, and I now almost regret not having picked up Generations Metroplex 8/9 years ago, considering I also have Sixgun, and Slammer can be transformed into something akin to his G1 'antenna mode' for installing on Metroplex. I've heard the mold is plagued by loose knee joints, but mine seem fine... the only problems I've observed thusfar are that one or two of the 5mm peg/socket connections are alarmingly loose, as are the clips that hold his 'chainsaw' together.

I'll get onto a proper write-up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment